Grade Reporting Forms
- Grade Report Form (Excel file)
- Grade Report Form (Word File)
- Sample Grade Report Form (If you download from BBL); see instructions for how to download your gradebook; be sure to add the grade breakdown and highlight as shown in the sample grade report form
Please ask your students to complete the A&S SOIs, via a link emailed to them or through the student tab of myBama. This is the only evaluation they will need to complete. FWP-specific evaluations are discontinued, and several questions based on FWP evaluations have been folded into A&S SOIs.
Attendance Policy Issues (Waivers/Grade Appeals)
- Attendance Policy Waivers: Note the new Attendance/Participation policy, shown in your syllabus. Try to observe not only the letter but the spirit of that policy: which is to say, as you review your students’ attendance, participation, and performance, please err on the side of flexibility and generosity. Contact Luke (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
- Grade Appeals: Students can appeal their final grades by following the procedure shown at fwp.english.ua.edu — students — grade appeals. For fall 2020 semester, grade appeals will not be considered prior to December 15, 2020.
Submission of Grades and Grade Records
- Check program and UA emails for the official grade posting deadline. Final grades must be entered in myBama by the official deadline. Go to mybama, faculty tab, faculty grade assignment to submit grades.
- You are also required to turn in an electronic copy of your EN 101, 102, 103, 104, 120, 121 grade records to the FWP office by midnight (11: 59 p.m.) on the same day that grades are due.
- If your grades are not in Blackboard, use the grade report forms available at http://fwp.english.ua.edu/instructors/endsemester/
- If your grades are in Blackboard, download your Blackboard grade book, add the grading breakdown to the file, and save as a file type that can be opened in Excel. See the Blackboard tutorial for downloading the gradebook. Questions? Contact Natalie Loper (email@example.com).
- Email these files as attachments to our Box folder: (FWP_Gra.firstname.lastname@example.org). One file per section, please. Use the following format for naming your file: Fall 2020 LastName FirstName EN 101-000.
Pending Academic Misconduct Reviews
If you have submitted a potential academic misconduct case and have not heard back from the dean’s office when it’s time to post your grades, assign the student in question a grade of “I.” Once you hear from the dean’s office, you can change the grade online. E-mail email@example.com if you have questions about pending academic misconduct cases.
You should not give incompletes in First-year-Writing courses. There are only two exceptions:
- pending academic misconduct reviews, as per above, and
- approved extenuating circumstances. Please contact Dr. Niiler to discuss any potential ‘Incomplete’ that is not related to a pending misconduct review.
Student or Parent Emails
- Please respond to student e-mails as soon as possible. Be friendly and be factual. Copy Dr. Niiler on your reply, if you wish.
- Before discussing a student’s grade with their parents, please be sure the student has waived FERPA. The FWP office can help determine FERPA status.