Grade Appeals

  • If you are assigned a grade of NC and don’t understand why, first speak to your instructor for an explanation of why you earned this grade.
  • After that, if you feel there are extenuating circumstances, you may appeal your grade. Note that an appeal is a carefully argued request to change a grade; it is not a guarantee of a grade change.
  • Spring 2022 grade appeals can be filed from May 11, 2022 to May 25, 2022. Appeals must be submitted during this time frame.
  • To appeal your grade, download the FWP Grade Appeal Form, provide the required information, and e-mail the form to Dr. Luke Niiler, Director of First-Year Writing (